Be Human. Be Accountable. Be Better.
Lloyd is a fast-growing, fun to work for, technology services firm founded to create opportunities to earn, learn and live better. Our commitment to our clients is to humanize their technology experience, freeing them to build their businesses by taking the headaches out of technology. If you love interacting with people, thrive on learning new things, and are up for the challenge, we offer the opportunity of a lifetime, with salary and benefits too!
Who We Need
The essence of the Lloyd brand is the extraordinary individual, the Lloydian. Today we are seeking a Human Resources Specialist to be part of the Lloyd story. You'll be part of a team that provides best-in-class support for over 5,000 people across over 130 successful organizations. Our service delivery values garnered us a spot in the top 100 managed services providers, globally and made us a 6 time Inc. 500 | 5000 honoree. People don’t join Lloyd to play it safe. They join Lloyd to be challenged and embark on a career that offers unbelievable opportunity.
A Day in the Life…
The primary role of the Human Resource Specialist/Office Manager is the day-to-day administration of company policies and procedures for facilitating recruiting, onboarding processes, personnel policies, employee relations and maintaining the office environment systems and supplies.
The Human Resource Specialist/Office Manager will act at all times to assure the highest level of ethics, professionalism and personal performance possible. . Expects that all employees, including the Human Resource Specialist/Office Manager, fully support Lloyd’s position/relationship with its Clients.
- Work with departmental managers by scheduling applicants, preparing interview paperwork, scheduling interviews and greeting applicants.
- Initiate post-interview paperwork including office letters, communication with applicants and coordination of start dates.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive personal information of applicants, employees, former employees and any other matters affecting employee relations.
- Process, verify, and maintain documentation relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, and performance evaluations.
- In conjunction with the HRIS Administrator assist with onboarding of employees and interns, conduct new employee orientations.
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview tracking data including employee turnover/hiring/employee retention.
- Participate in the development of goals, objectives, policies and procedures for the human resources department
- Support culture initiatives and functions.
- Maintain Human Resource Information System records and compile reports from database.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting policies and resolving work-related issues.
- Provide a professional level of HR support for Executives, Directors, Managers and all Associates of Lloyd.
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipate needed supplies; evaluate new office products; place orders for supplies; verify receipt of supplies.
- Work with procurement department to accept, monitor, and track deliveries of equipment as ordered.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement along with corresponding with office building maintenance crews for HVAC.
- Design and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Keep management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual supply budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provide production and clerical support where needed.
- Backup to Outsourced HRIS for payroll process. Will review payroll process once per month.
- Employee orientation, development, and training logistics and recordkeeping
- Back up for outsourced Time and Attendance in Idilus
- General HR administration i.e. updating org charts, creating word templates for performance reviews, maintaining data base of employee records
- Monitor billing from benefits providers and checking accuracy
- Employee Referral Tracking
- Compensation and benefits recordkeeping as back up for outsourced Benefits
- Employee safety
- Maintain employee files and the HR filing system
- Day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office.
Criteria for Success
- Bachelor’s degree is desired, a minimum of an Associate of Arts degree is required.
- 2- 5 years of experience in Office Management
- Demonstrate experience utilizing Excel and other MS Office products.
- Data entry experience on HRIS, Excel, Word
- Well-developed team skills, unquestioned integrity, and the experience, confidence and presence to effectively handle interpersonal relationships and sensitive Human Resource issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication and comprehension skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Must have knowledge of:
- Principles, practices, and techniques of human resources including the interpretation of laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Applicable federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations
- Recordkeeping principles and procedures
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration
- Strong organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Experience in handling sensitive, confidential information
- Strong administrative and data management skills.
- Working knowledge of HRIS system.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
System Skills Required
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Changing the Game
Lloyd gives small and mid-sized businesses something they’ve never had before: personalized enterprise level IT strategy and support. Unlike typical IT outsourcing firms who provide cookie-cutter, anonymous tech support for any business at a monthly fee, Lloyd Group delivers fully customized lifecycle IT strategy and support with professionals who become de facto members of your organization. And we don’t stop at just managing your technology – we show you how to compete more effectively in your particular marketplace. We create harmony between your technology and your business. Nobody serves outsourced IT and consulting services to small and mid-sized companies better than we do. Period.
Join the Lloyd Community
We’re excited that you are interested in being part of the Lloyd story. Please join the Lloyd community online via Linkedin (/lloyd), Facebook (@Lloyd) and Twitter (@lloydgroup). Here you’ll find useful information about Lloyd, tech culture, industry news, and available opportunities to be a Lloydian. We update daily so stay tuned.